Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Baseball book project in California

It's been a productive trip to California thus far.

I got a chance to do a sit-down interview with former big-league pitcher Tom Candiotti on Saturday as part of my research as I try to complete a baseball book project I have going on. Tom was nice enough to chat baseball with me for an hour just before he was set to work the D'Backs-Padres game at Petco. We chatted about his knuckleball and his major-league career, and even about one of his ex-teammates, David Wells, whom he called "a great teammate" and "a fun guy to be around."

I've also had the opportunity to correspond with a couple of former major-league general managers to get more material for my book. They were also kind enough to respond to my interview requests and provided insightful information. Overall, it has been a productive week.

Will keep you posted once something new develops!

No comments:

Post a Comment